Saturday, June 5, 2010

Summer Skirts

My mom and my sister are making skirts to wear this summer. I am noticing a green trend in my family right now (as I sit here now in my green shirt). Although I don't think I would wear this particular skirt style myself, I think the fabric is so fun and summery and they will look great when they are done.





Their sewing project has reminded me of the fabric and pattern I have tucked away somewhere for a summer dress. The only sewing I have done recently has been tailoring clothes and a little quilting. This summer might be the summer to finish old projects...but that is so hard because there are so many new projects out there to start, too!

4 comments:

JHNickodemus said...

What pattern are they using? I like the blue and green fabric a LOT! Im trying to stick with a vow not to start anything new for at least 3 months! Eek!

Tanya said...

It's called the Lipstick Skirt...I think the designer is Bananafana...It's waaay cute and flirty. I think they say it's a modern skirt with a touch of whimsy....Sounds perfect, right?

Turtle said...

it must be contagious! I have been on a skirt quest as well.

Maggie said...

My skirt is done!! So quick and easy it is almost a sin. I LOVE IT! It has about a 7" flat panel from waist to hips and then becomes a flirty, gathered skirt. I am over 50 and it is still fun to twirl in this skirt (no worries, I do this in private).