Saturday, March 27, 2010

If I ever get lost...

I want Piper to find me! This morning I got the opportunity to watch a CARDA training/testing day. The California Rescue Dog Association (CARDA) does search and rescue when people are missing. Today Blu, a bloodhound from San Jose, did an amazing job tracking on a test run. Piper is also being trained for search and rescue and she loves it. I hope I am never in need of it, but it is comforting to know that there are people so dedicated to training their dogs and volunteering their time for search and rescue. I am always amazed at what these dogs are capable of doing. I enjoyed watching them work the trails and follow the twists and turns of the trail. I am also impress with the time commitment the trainers and owners are willing to make. A special thanks to all of you!
This afternoon, I finally found my spring pattern. I have been so busy that I have not had as much time for knitting. I have been having withdrawls and today I was able to go on Ravelry and search. I had found some that I liked...well enough. But today I found the pattern notes for a sweater by the amazing CanarySanctuary that was inspired by Luna Lovegood's sweater in the 5th Harry Potter movie. Exactly what I was looking for and it inspired me enough to cast on right away! Given how much free time I have been having, I don't know how long it will take me to finish, but I'm very excited.

No comments: